Last Scene sketches - Rear Window inspiration

Throughout the sketches I have been doing, all of the scenes have been placed within the room where the poem takes place, but for the end scene I think it would be interesting to take the perspective outside, on looking into the protagonist. I think this helps to portray the end of the poem and helps to place the audience. I have been exploring ideas of voyeuristic photography and through this the Hitchcock film 'Rear Window' came to mind as most of the film is seen through the perspective of James Stewart on the outside looking in. I also think this could help reflect how personal the poem is and how it is an intimate exploration into someone else's life.

Comments

  1. I really like the top right with the window open - it is simple and quite graphic. The inclusion of brickwork and detail on the sash window would create an interesting pattern and detail, but we would also have a clear vision of the main man.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment