Lino Experiment with Scene 4

Experimenting with one of the compositions for scene 4, Mr Bleaney in the kitchen. Although I think this composition is successful, the figure needs to be further back and smaller within the scene as I think he sticks out a bit at the moment and I want it to be more subtle than that. I think the use of marks and patterns help to bring detail so I will keep that in the final pieces. I was worried when drawing Mr Bleaney that his age wouldn't come across well within the print but I think you can tell he's a different and older person than the young man. The picture in the back was inspired by Jazz album covers as Larkin was a big fan of jazz and I wanted to include a small aspect of the poet into the work as well. From this I will draw up a similar but further back composition ready for print. I feel that 6 A5 lino prints is how I wanted to create my final images as it is big enough to get enough detail in and I find A4 lino quite difficult to work with. I will begin experimenting with colours digitally to see if I prefer them to the simple black and white.

Comments

  1. If you can manage 6 A5 prints that would be great. The addition of the picture in the background is a thoughtful addition and I think the pattern and texture is working well. Perhaps look at some of the background detail as some of it is a bit ambiguous - I'm not sure what the two round objects to the left of the man are? And outside are they trees or part of a crop?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sharon. Yes I will have to be careful with not over crowding I have found drawing the image simple and then adding the textures when cutting the lino works best and yes they are supposed to be trees but they are a bit small I don't think they work very well either. Hope you are well

      Delete

Post a Comment