Working on Mr Bleaney in the kitchen

Small quick sketches trying different perspectives and compositions of scene 4 (Mr.Bleaney in the kitchen) .From this scene I want to illustrate an atmosphere of loneliness and I think his expression in sketch no.4 does that well although I think the perspective is quite simple and could become quite repetitive I think it is successful because he is looking directly at the audience/viewer. Throughout some of the earlier drawings of Mr.Bleaney I have made him bald and quite old but I think it would be better if I portrayed him slightly younger as then it could help to portray the thoughts the young man is having concerning him following in his footsteps. Exploring this point futher I think sketch no.6 could be a good composition if more detail was added because the audience would be unsure if it was the young man or Mr Bleaney and this could reflect the merging of their lives. From this I will draw the best of these in more detail and see which one goes best with the rest of the compositions.  

Comments

  1. I really like no2 as I think the composition and use of space really shows isolation and loneliness well.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment