Cathy Come Home -Replicating Book Covers

My version of the cover. 
For this I scanned my drawing in and screened the colour of the orange
over the top. Then I cut and copied the top half of the penguin logo and 
writing and tried to find a font similar, I chose ariel bold. 
Overall although I'm not the best at photoshop and I need 
to get the dimensions of the book fixed I'm happy with how this
turned out and I think it's helped me in terms of how I'm shaping this project and 
determining where I'm going with it. Books are accessible to all classes due to libraries despite
many of them lacking funding and I think I could reach my audience of the working-class through
places like libraries and community centres so this is something to think about. 
Ink drawing inspired by A Kind of Loving cover. 
I wanted to replicate the bold harsh lines so instead of a pen
or nib I used a thin paintbrush I didn't want to be too careful about 
the length of the lines or marks as on the cover they are 
quite careless and messy but I think this replicate's well 
the atmosphere of the film as it is harsh and gritty. 




 

Comments