Poor Cow drawing

After thinking more about the illustrations of  accessible pieces such as 
the Radio Times, I looked at more of Eric Fraser's work and I thought the composition of this 
piece would work really well with Poor Cow. 

Inspired by Eric Fraser, I thought the direct eye contact of the composition 
would work well with Poor Cow, the two figures are Joy on the left and 
her love Dave on the right. I thought on the table on
front of them I could have the glass to represent Joy working in the pub
where she meets a lot of her men and a rattle for her baby Jonny and to represent Dave,
a pearl necklace as he is a thief and this is why he is jailed. 
Overall I think the composition works well and I'm going to edit it similarly to 
the book covers of poor cow and maybe explore what it would 
look like as a radio times cover. 


Original scan, drawn in blue fine-liner

 

Comments