Replicating book covers Cathy Come Home

Because my first attempt was quite bold and simple I thought I would use a
pen nib to add more detail in the background of this one, I wanted to get in the city where 
Reg and Cathy live as their environment is so important to the film and changes frequently. 
I did this free hand and although it is messy and quick I think it works well and I really enjoyed doing it. I prefer this busier look rather than the first one I did and I'm still working on getting the 
dimensions right. I think through portraying the importance of the film
through this style is really effective and what I want my work to look like. 

Attempt no.3. Although it is just a drawing of Cathy I really like this one. 
I feel I have the dimensions correct now and the contrast of the black background against
Cathy is effective and portrays well the atmosphere of the film. 
I think in my next stages I will keep doing these sketches but I also want to be
working on something more in-depth in preparation of a print.

 

Comments