Cathy Come Home Newspaper

Trying new compositions - Similarly to how I have been exploring the TV scenes, I thought 
it would be more accurate for a working-class family to be aware of the work of Ken Loach through a paper. I need to do some more research on how they advertised the film but I think it gives a good atmosphere and is looking like more how I want. The paper I've drawn itself needs some work
and I've been thinking a good idea would be to draw the ads first and then photoshop them into the
drawing because then I can retain the detail. This drawing is probably about A6 so it's difficult to 
get the detail. 
The two adverts I chose were produced in 1966 when Cathy Come Home was first aired 
and I wasn't setting out to include a political poster but I saw it when looking for the ads and thought 
it would help to reinforce the working-class family, it also ties in well my essay. I picked the Guinness advert because it was really interesting to draw and I like the beer adverts. 






 

Comments