Cathy Come Home

Scanned in drawing - Indian ink with brown pen 

Edited drawing - I thought the colours looked too muted when I scanned it in but after 
I have edited it I think it reflects well the atmosphere of Cathy Come Home.
I think adding detail into the background of the home is important as Cathy and Reg
never find a nice home to settle in and this is the key factor in the film. 
In my other drawings in this style I've been using a quill to dip in the ink and make
the marks but it isn't reliable enough to make sure it doesn't smudge or drip so I think 
that would be better to use as texture in the background and then draw the main 
decorative details with fine liners but I think using different colours will 
keep it from looking too flat which is what I usually find with black fine liners

 

Comments