Miscellaneous Objects

Inverted and colour screened on photoshop 

Drawing items to fit interiors. 
After watching the Coronation Street episodes I thought it would
be useful to explore different items that would fill the interiors of 
these working-class homes that are the backdrops to 
social realism and Ken Loach's films. 
I researched pictures of 1940's homes as the furniture wouldn't be 
new modern suites from the 60's which is the time period most of the 
literature and films in social realism were produced. 
I remember seeing a drawing by Enid Marx of the Staffordshire Dogs
and thought they fit with the other miscellaneous objects such as 
the tea cup and the ceramic dancing lady.  
I found the lace on the chair very interesting to draw and I think 
I want to explore things like this further as it's a good break from composing full scenes. 

 

Comments