Reflection drawing


Working on compositions - As I mentioned previously I think the scenes of people reading and
engaging in some form of learning device are the most successful and reflect my aim of the project the best. I saw a picture on pinterest when I was searching for 1960's pubs and cafe's as I look at the interiors for inspiration and thought the idea of a reflection in a glass window was a good aspect to add into my drawings. 
Although the Cathy Come Home symbol is only subtle  (I think when I further this I will make it more apparent) the scene itself of a man in a cafe could be in Cathy Come Home which is another aspect of my drawings I want to keep. I think the reflection adds an interesting element to the scene visually but the reason why I have chosen to advertise Cathy Come Home and not Poor Cow is because after it's release lot's of people gave donations to the homeless and a few homeless charities started, the film made people reflect on the state of the country when they had supposedly 'never had it better'. 

I think the idea of these reflections in either pubs or cafe's has potential and I'd like to explore it with different characters and scenes. As I mentioned in a previous blog post there are a few scenes in Poor Cow with Joy in the mirror looking at her reflection which could offer some interesting perspectives. 

The drawing is about A5 and I drew the reflection in pencil and the man in the front in black pen to try 
and make it easier to notice it's a reflection. I think it could use some work and practicing with different mediums will help to decide what the best will be to portray the meaning. 




 

Comments