Experimenting with printing and colour




As John suggested in the tutorial on Monday to print a layer of black with a spare block and then the 
print in white to create a different print. 

I thought the outcome was really interesting and worked well on a small scale, the white ink wasn't the best quality but I still like the look of them.

I mixed the coral colour by taking yellow and pink ink, I was surprised at how nicely it printed as I have used those inks before on their own and they were very watery and patchy but now I know in future to just mix them together. I decided to go for a pink colour as I thought it represented the time well and on the 'Gilda' poster I was inspired by for my A2 print has a dark coral colour on it. I will definitely use this method again and I think the black with the coral looks the best. 

 

Comments