Steve Bell - Exploring political commentary


John mentioned yesterday about Steve Bell being sacked from the Guardian and asked if I had ever thought about making directly political work. 
I have thought about it recently with doing the Tameside collection and with the Lockdown diaries project but I don't think I'd ever want to make political commentary on politicians, I would much rather cement the experiences of people who feel directly the consequences of the choices of those politicians. I see my work as being able to interpret in different ways not just politically and that is probably why I explore the subjects through the angle of literature and film as it can be appreciated for different reasons. I also think making solely political art can minimise audiences and I want my work to be accessible. 

 

Comments